[SOLVED] Seasonic SSR-750RM and GTX 980ti

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
So this may seem like a basic question but thought I better make sure before proceeding.

My 980ti has an 8 pin and 6 pin connection. The Seasonic SSR-750RM which is semi-modular has 2 spots to connect separate pci-e cables into, but also has a permanent cable running right from the box itself with 2 8 pin connections.

My concern is can I simply use that built in (permanent) cable to connect to the 6 pin and 8 pin GPU connections or do I need to connect 2 separate cables to each of the connections on the 980ti? I just don't want to damage any components.

Thank you.

Solution
You can use the cable that is already there coming from the PSU, looks to be a 6+2 with a pigtail 6 pin. You can use the 6+2 for the 8 pin or use ether plug on the cable for the 6 pin but you can not use both to power the card. You need 2 different cables to power the card.
You can use the cable that is already there coming from the PSU, looks to be a 6+2 with a pigtail 6 pin. You can use the 6+2 for the 8 pin or use ether plug on the cable for the 6 pin but you can not use both to power the card. You need 2 different cables to power the card.

Solution