ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
Hi, i need just a quick answer. Looking to buy a new PSU for my RX 580 and Ryzen 5 1600. Looking to buy one of these two as they are quite good when it comes to power draw, they both got a bronze certification but also they are fully modural, so i can get some headache off from the mustard/ketchup cables that are also short...

Here are the two PSUs i was thinking about:

SEASONIC SS-620GM2 coming in about $95

Cooler Master MWE 650W MPX-6501-AMAAB coming in about $105

The prices are higher due to the marketing in my region. Serbia isn't quite famious for low prices...

Solution
Seasonic one for sure. Which country is it? A good quality 550 is good enough.
Brand does not equal to quality, cooler master has some good models but MWE is not one of them.
Though SS-620GM2 is old platform, still solid.

ddule.srb

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
Seasonic one for sure. Which country is it? A good quality 550 is good enough.
Brand does not equal to quality, cooler master has some good models but MWE is not one of them.
Though SS-620GM2 is old platform, still solid.
Serbia is the country. We don't have alot of imports either, it's mostly overpay for imports. Safe to say i cannot find ANY of the Corsair PSUs or BeQuiet and EVGAs. Thank you for the opinion, i shall definately choose Seasonic!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ideally for a Seasonic, for a modern system I'd prefer it if you got a hold of a FOCUS model, rather than their older designs - but, I understand availability may be limited in Serbia and pricing may be a bit high.

The SS-620GM2 is one of the older designs, M12II. The Cooler Master you listed is about the same level as the Seasonic in terms of quality, if I understand correctly.

If you could get a Seasonic FOCUS, even a 550W model would handle your needs just fine, and even if it costs more, if you can get it, I would very strongly recommend doing so.

Reactions: ddule.srb