Second card for physx

monten

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
Hi, I have a p5n-t deluxe motherboard, is it still possible to use a non nvidia card as the main gpu and a nvidia card for physx ? The next combination to be exact: 5850 as the main gpu and 8800gt to work as physx.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Apparently its only vista that doesn't allow dual drivers. Although I can't speak for xp64, my 9600GSO is yet to do anything, though I haven't given it much attention yet, other than basic PnP approach: driversweeper>reinstall ATI drivers, install old pre-lockout nvidia physX drivers. Testing in Batman AA and haven't yet got PhysX running off the GSO. Gonna give it a go again in the next few days with some focus, heh.

bujuki

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2008
Since I don't like to create new thread, pls allow me to join your thread to ask some similar questions.

After reading the GT 240 article I'm really interested to build my new HTPC using it since the Zotac version is looking very sexy (single slot without auxiliary power connector). In the future I'll add another powerful card whenever I need it and use it as dedicated Physx card. The questions are:
1. As a dedicated Physx card, is there any performance difference between Nvidia cards? (Eg. is GT 240 is slower than GTX 295 as a Physx card?)
2. Is there any other low-power single slot card out there that's more suitable as HTPC? Preferably Nvidia for the Physx support.
3. What happen to Havok? Is AMD already implemented it in their cards? Any software make use of it?

Thanks in advance. ^^