Second Display isn't detected, normal fixes not working

mrjr58

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
My primary display is connected via Displayport, and i've had my secondary display connected via DVI. Recently, the second display has stopped working all together.

I've updated my display (graphics) drivers, tried a new cord, flipped the cords around, booting without the primary display connected, changing the refresh rate on my primary monitor to equal the secondary monitor's, and one peculiar attempt by unplugging the power to the second display, holding down its power button for a few seconds, then retrying, all to no avail.
The entire time, my primary display has worked totally fine.

I still believe it is a graphics driver issue, though. If I boot without the primary display connected, the motherboard boot screen (before the windows load screen) will show up on the second display, but it goes black (but still on) once it gets to the windows portion and beyond.

Unfortunately, the only ports on the second display are DVI and VGA, and i don't have any VGA cables around to test those.

CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 6gb

mrjr58

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015

Nothing happens, nothing gets displayed.
When i unplug and replug the DVI cable on either end, the second monitor activates for a second as if it thinks it's getting a signal, but nothing ever shows and it gives me the "no signal" warning before it goes to sleep.