[SOLVED] Second Display Issue

robrcf

Reputable
Sep 16, 2016
Hey all! Just figured I'd check on here to see if anyone knows what's going on.

PC setup downstairs. Cable running up to living room for second display. Worked fine for years with Samsung hdtv. Also hooked up lg 4k tv downstairs successfully.

Switched TV positions and the lg now only works under extend display. Thought maybe it was the cable, moved it back downstairs and hooked up to shorter cable. Worked instantly.

Ordered a new cable and still won't work upstairs. Uninstalled drivers and it worked only for first few seconds until they were reinstalled. Doesnt work at all when plugged in alone (without PC monitor). Tried switching resolutions and refresh rate.

Cable length upstairs is 50ft, downstairs is 15ft. Any thoughts as to why one works but not the other, only with one tv?

Solution
See if uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling the latest drivers for your GPU sourcing them from manufacturer's support site, helps. I would've suggested where to get it from but you didn't mention the make and model of your GPU.

Version for your OS? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. When installing the drivers, install them in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
See if uninstalling your GPU drivers with DDU and then reinstalling the latest drivers for your GPU sourcing them from manufacturer's support site, helps. I would've suggested where to get it from but you didn't mention the make and model of your GPU.

Version for your OS? Make sure you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. When installing the drivers, install them in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution