Second-gen SandForce SSDs with Toggle NAND

Check THG SSD Review here.

It explains who is what, as below:

1. SandForce controller with Toggle DDR NAND: Mushkin Chronos Deluxe, Patriot Wildfire, OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS, Kingston HyperX 3K, OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G

2. SandForce controller with Synchronous ONFi NAND: OCZ Vertex 3, Corsair Force GT, Kingston HyperX, Intel SSD 520
3. SandForce controller with Asynchronous ONFi NAND: OCZ Agility 3, Corsair Force 3, Mushkin Chronos, Patriot Pyro, OWC Mercury Electra 6G

And no, the SanDisk isn't listed in there. I've heard nothing but bad things about SanDisk. For that price, get a 240GB Intel 520 Series SSD.

But anyway, all SandForce controlled SSD with be about the same. What really matter is the 4K Random reads/writes (IOPS), not Max Seq r/w.

Here is an article to read: The SSD Review - Understanding SSD Advertised Performance...

Helltech

Distinguished

That didn't list SanDisk though =/

Helltech

Distinguished

Thanks bud. :) So I knew the SandForce type, its the same as the WildFire so does that mean its just as good (tier one), because it seems thats how Toms is compiling them now, even though the benchmarks seem to disagree? Or am I wayyyy off on that thinking? If so NewEgg has that on sale for 230 dollars this morning, looks like its sold out now though...

EDIT - Oops didn't mean to double post.

TRENDING THREADS