[SOLVED] Second GPU not detected with PCIe riser

FM2021

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
I have an Asrock B450 Steel Legend, and I'm trying to run two GPUs on it: Amd Radeon HD 7570 and an RTX 3060 ti fe. I'm planning on running the 7570 as a display adapter and the 3060 ti for mining. However, when I put the 7570 in the first x16 and the 3060 ti on the riser, the 3060 ti isn't detected and doesn't pop up on device manager.

I have an 8 pin connected to the 3060 ti and a 6 pin connected to the riser on the same psu cable. When I turn on my system the fans on the 3060 ti start and there is a yellow and red light on the riser. Everything seems to be working fine. I also tried using the 3060 ti on the riser while being connected to the monitor, and it could never boot into windows. It would either just show a black screen without my monitor getting a signal or it would be stuck on the motherboard logo loading screen. Also tried this for both GPUs, and it can never get into windows. Its the same for whichever pcie port I plug it into too. I know the ports work because I tried it with a wifi card and it worked.
Am I doing something wrong? Could there be something wrong with the riser?

Solution
I have an Asrock B450 Steel Legend, and I'm trying to run two GPUs on it: Amd Radeon HD 7570 and an RTX 3060 ti fe. I'm planning on running the 7570 as a display adapter and the 3060 ti for mining. However, when I put the 7570 in the first x16 and the 3060 ti on the riser, the 3060 ti isn't detected and doesn't pop up on device manager.

I have an 8 pin connected to the 3060 ti and a 6 pin connected to the riser on the same psu cable. When I turn on my system the fans on the 3060 ti start and there is a yellow and red light on the riser. Everything seems to be working fine. I also tried using the 3060 ti on the riser while being connected to the monitor, and it could never boot into windows. It would either just show a black screen...

kanewolf

Titan

I have an 8 pin connected to the 3060 ti and a 6 pin connected to the riser on the same psu cable. When I turn on my system the fans on the 3060 ti start and there is a yellow and red light on the riser. Everything seems to be working fine. I also tried using the 3060 ti on the riser while being connected to the monitor, and it could never boot into windows. It would either just show a black screen without my monitor getting a signal or it would be stuck on the motherboard logo loading screen. Also tried this for both GPUs, and it can never get into windows. Its the same for whichever pcie port I plug it into too. I know the ports work because I tried it with a wifi card and it worked.
Am I doing something wrong? Could there be something wrong with the riser?
Mixing AMD & NVIDIA graphics cards is usually a frustrating. The drivers conflict.

Solution