Second Graphics card not recognized by Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlicious

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
My system is an HP Pavilion Dv6 6135dx (laptop) with a processor OC'd to 2.9 and two Graphics cards

these cards come standard with every system, and I can't seem to get it to recognize my second card.

The two cards are the HD 6750M & the HD 6620G.

The system refuses to recognize the 6750M and since it's an integrated card, I'm out of my gourd trying to fix this. Please someone help.

also The AMD Engine Vision Control, no longer has an enable/disable crossfire support button >_<

please help

Solution

A Hp form user has found a fix. :sol:

mschachter

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011

I have a related issue - I have an integrated graphics card on an intel i7 2600K, and a separate AMD HD Radeon 6870 in a PCIe slot. I have the monitor plugged into the motherboard's integrated GPU (the i7's), and have nothing plugged into the ATI card, because I want to use it for non-graphics computation.

The BIOS knows to use only the integrated card for graphics, perhaps that's why my system (running Ubuntu 11.10), doesn't recognize that the card is plugged in. I've read that this would potentially be a problem. Still working through it myself, but if I see anything helpful out there I"ll let you know! Also perhaps somebody out there has already done this and can help us both out.

dv6

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

A Hp form user has found a fix. :sol:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS