second hand gpu

Bigwood daddy

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Hi all i have found a good price for some used gpu where i live some of them with warranty other are not but my question is what things should i check to test the gpu before buying it also should i ask the seller what is the psu that this card used to work on , or it will not make difference,impact the gpu life.

Solution
Make sure the fan works is a good idea. Ideally you would want to run a benchmark for 12+ hours. Now depending on the circumstances how you're buying this there may not be a return policy. If a card wont run for 12 hours without failing then it's good. If the computer freezes and begins having issues then there could be a problem with the card.

The power supply wouldn't matter what he is using, as long as you're power supply can handle the new card. You would have to tell me your system specs if you wanted me to tell you if your computer could have the new card.

de4dd0g

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Make sure the fan works is a good idea. Ideally you would want to run a benchmark for 12+ hours. Now depending on the circumstances how you're buying this there may not be a return policy. If a card wont run for 12 hours without failing then it's good. If the computer freezes and begins having issues then there could be a problem with the card.

The power supply wouldn't matter what he is using, as long as you're power supply can handle the new card. You would have to tell me your system specs if you wanted me to tell you if your computer could have the new card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS