[SOLVED] Second hand laptop locked to a company domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 28, 2021
I purchased this laptop two days ago abs the seller was quite dodgy with the interaction. I have deleted windows and restarted. When on the account page on fresh start the domain is set to a company which isn’t allowing me to create an account - I have to use offline account to use the laptop. What can I do to remove this? Bios reset? Contact the company?
I’m lost I don’t want any <Mod Edit> on this laptop. I did a malware bytes on it snd it came back negative

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I purchased this laptop two days ago abs the seller was quite dodgy with the interaction. I have deleted windows and restarted. When on the account page on fresh start the domain is set to a company which isn’t allowing me to create an account - I have to use offline account to use the laptop. What can I do to remove this? Bios reset? Contact the company?
I’m lost I don’t want any <Mod Edit> on this laptop. I did a malware bytes on it snd it came back negative
Full wipe and reinstall. This goes for ANY previously used system or storage device.

If it is still trying to talk to a company domain, you did not do that.

Reactions: Malancinasn
Aug 28, 2021
I’ve done all this. Deleted everything then reinstalled windows from usb boot. It’s still got the domain as the company multiplex… would me deleting the OS and then resetting the bios then reinstalling OS work ?
I’m stumped. Going to call the company when they open on Tuesday and ask for advice.
Full wipe and reinstall. This goes for ANY previously used system or storage device.

If it is still trying to talk to a company domain, you did not do that.

Aug 28, 2021
eBay seller second hand laptop had some issue with the periphery device I bought abs got abit of a sketchy reply. Anyway later that day I found the same listing from another seller (only light different images)
How, exactly?

Buying things from a 'dodgy seller' often ends up in problems like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS