Question Second M.2 giving me the same issue - not showing in BIOS

NalevQT

Prominent
Aug 31, 2021
Hi everyone.

So a couple month back I had an issue where my Hikvision M.2 SSD E1000 1TB would not show up in my BIOS, and I couldn't boot from it obviously. It was under warranty still so I got it replaced by an E3000 1TB, also hikvision. After some independent struggles with other parts, I now basically have a brand new system, apart from my CPU and RAM. The problem with the SSD persists though...

I switch on my PC and it goes to a screen that says it needs repairs. I go into the BIOS and see that the M.2 is not being picked up at all. I switch the PC off, remove the M.2, and just immediately put it back in, switch on the PC and everything works as it should, completely normal. I have 0 idea what the issue is. It's a brand new drive, new motherboard, new PSU... so either my RAM, or CPU is the issue, though I'm not sure how, or it's just a problem with Hikvision somehow? Some motherboard setting? I've done some troubleshooting to no avail.

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated.

Motherboard - ASUS TUF gaming B550-PLUS
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600
PSU - Cooler Master V1000 1000W
GPU - MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT GAMING X
RAM - HyperX [unsure] 16GB 2666 MHz
Drives - WD green 500GB HDD
Biostar 120GB SSD
Hikvision E3000 1TB NVME

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? Just an FYI, the processor isn't on your supported CPU's list...which leads me to think how you got the platform working to begin with. If you're on A.G.E.S.A code 1..2.0.7 maybe you're going to be fine but it seems to me that the board is having issues coordinating with your processor if anything.

WrongRookie

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Seconding with Lutfij on this. Your processor isn't mentioned whether it supports the motherboard or not..

AMD AM4 socket for Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ 4000 G-Series/ 3000 Series Desktop Processors

I don't know a lot of AMD backwards compatibility..but your 2600 isn't mentioned there...