[SOLVED] Second M.2 NVME Doesn't Show Up

Zycore1

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
Hi there,
My new M2 NVME drive isn't showing up in BIOS or in Windows under Disk Management.
I've tried to install the disk in the top and the middle slot on the motherboard without any success.

The new nvme is a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB and I'm currently using a Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB, installed in the bottom slot on the motherboard (Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 with updated bios)
When I go to the bios, my current disk is showing up under 1 of the 3 M.2 slots.
But the other 2 slots are showing " N/A " even though I've installed the new disk.

Do I have to change any bios settings in order for the disk to show up or is the disk broken?
I'm using Windows 10.

Solution
Your bios has an NVME section but the manual doesn't delve into it to see if you can disable/enable them or not.
Have you tried moving the working 970 to the other slots to see if they work?
Also try disabling Secure boot. Perhaps this drive was 'reconditioned' and the bios id detecting an OS on it. Does it work in the same port as the good 970?

Zycore1

Reputable
Jan 3, 2015
What drives do you have connected and where specifically.

The tables on page 34 of your users manual outlines which Sata ports share resources with the various M2 slots.
https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/support#support-manual

My current drive (970 Evo 512 GB) is connected to the M2P slot.
The drive that isn't showing up (970 Evo Plus) I've tried to connect to the M2M and M2A slot, without any success.
These are the only drives I have.

popatim

Titan
Your bios has an NVME section but the manual doesn't delve into it to see if you can disable/enable them or not.
Have you tried moving the working 970 to the other slots to see if they work?
Also try disabling Secure boot. Perhaps this drive was 'reconditioned' and the bios id detecting an OS on it. Does it work in the same port as the good 970?

Solution