Question Second M.2 Slot Not Working

Oct 14, 2019
I just upgraded my laptop Asus S532FA-DB55, the motherboard has two m.2 slots, the second one was empty, I have installed another internal SSD exactly same model than the other one (WDS500G1B0C), but it is not recognized, it just doesn't appear in BIOS, windows or Gparted.
Any idea for solving it?
Thanks
storage.jpg

There is no optio "Launch CSM" in my bios

Ralston18

Titan
Did you initialize and format the new m.2?

What other SSD's and/or HDD's are also installed?

Take a close look at the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Depending upon the current configuration, the necessary SATA connectivity for the second M.2 may already be taken by another drive.

Be sure to also check the BIOS configuration.

Oct 12, 2019
I just upgraded my laptop Asus S532FA-DB55, the motherboard has two m.2 slots, the second one was empty, I have installed another internal SSD exactly same model than the other one (WDS500G1B0C), but it is not recognized, it just doesn't appear in BIOS, windows or Gparted.
Any idea for solving it?
Thanks
storage.jpg

There is no optio "Launch CSM" in my bios
Hi
Your laptop having pcie m.2 nvme slot so it not recognizing m.2 slot check your laptop slot m.2 or pcie m.2 nvme.
Western digital don't have nvme ssd .So check slot and change your sad sure it will recognize.
Good day

Oct 14, 2019
Did you initialize and format the new m.2?

What other SSD's and/or HDD's are also installed?

Take a close look at the motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

Depending upon the current configuration, the necessary SATA connectivity for the second M.2 may already be taken by another drive.

Be sure to also check the BIOS configuration.
The other ssd installed in the laptop by ASUS is the same, WDS500G1B0C