[SOLVED] Second M.2 SSD cannot be detected

Apr 14, 2019
Hello. My computer originally has an Intel 760p SSD on it. I bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus and plugged it into the other M.2 slot. However, the computer can't detect the new SSD, not in BIOS, windows 10 or linux. When I switched the M.2 slots of two SSDs, it still only detected my original Intel SSD.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with the Samsung SSD, or something not set correctly. Thank you for your help!

Solution
The Intel 760P is also an NVME drive, so, if it is detected in either M.2 slots, then both are clearly correctly enabled in the BIOS...

Last thing that really leaves is something funky in the BIOS with recognition of 'some' newer devices (check for latest BIOS), or, potentially a 'DOA' 970EVO....
The Intel 760P is also an NVME drive, so, if it is detected in either M.2 slots, then both are clearly correctly enabled in the BIOS...

Last thing that really leaves is something funky in the BIOS with recognition of 'some' newer devices (check for latest BIOS), or, potentially a 'DOA' 970EVO....

Solution
Apr 14, 2019

Hi, I replaced the Samsung with another Intel 760p and it was recognized. Not sure what's wrong with it but I'm returning it.