Question Second monitor blacks out after 10 seconds of not being used ?

Dec 19, 2021
I have a second monitor connected to my laptop with an HDMI cord that will black screen after about 10 seconds of not being in use. This started happening around the time I undervolted my laptop to try to keep temps down while gaming and only happens when I finish playing Halo Infinite in particular. If it's black long enough it gives a message on the screen as saying that its not receiving a signal like if I turned to laptop off entirely. My only workaround currently is restarting the laptop or keeping the MSI mini system monitor on that screen so it has something active at all times.

I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable) RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.

This isn't an end of the world problem to have but I would like to know what the issue is and/or how to solve it so I don't have to keep restarting my computer or keeping something else on the screen at all times.

Ralston18

Titan
What dual screen configuration are you using: Duplicate, Extend, Second screen only?

Manually download the applicable GPU drivers via NVIDIA's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that correspond with the black screens.