[SOLVED] Second monitor causes stuttering. iGPU doesn't work on DVI-D but does on DVI-I but has a "3rd monitor" glitch. GTX 1080, i7 7700 - intel hd 630

dozzzz02

Prominent
Nov 23, 2020
Hello,

I have a problem where if I have my second monitor connected to my GPU it causes stuttering on the desktop and in all my games. If I disconnect, everything works perfectly.
jGCmjTz.png

My main monitor is 144hz and my second one is 60hz. The second monitor goes from VGA from the monitor to a DVI-D slot on my GPU. (Windows recognizes is at HDMI - HDTV?)

And if I turn on my iGPU and try to connect it to my DVI-D it doesn't work. It worked the first time but not after.
Then I tried it on my DVI-I and it doesn't work until I open Task Manager once. At that point I keep hearing a connecting/disconnecting sound.

This also keeps happening:
ZqdEU9O.png

It shows up as 2 monitors perfectly fine at first even though it's not recognized by NVIDIA control panel.
Then it adds a 3rd monitor while making the 2nd smaller?

Then when it disconnects it goes back to 2 monitors. Repeat.

Thats all I have so far, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
The stutter issue is most likely due to the fact you are running them on different refresh rates, that is very common. The other issue, you are using adapters which cause issues detecting things properly. I am guessing the reason the nVidia control panel does not see the second monitor if it's connected to the onboard video is because it's not connected to your video card and thus can't be controlled by it.
The stutter issue is most likely due to the fact you are running them on different refresh rates, that is very common. The other issue, you are using adapters which cause issues detecting things properly. I am guessing the reason the nVidia control panel does not see the second monitor if it's connected to the onboard video is because it's not connected to your video card and thus can't be controlled by it.

Solution

dozzzz02

Prominent
Nov 23, 2020
I guess its the adapter then. I reinstalled my computer and what happened was, main with DP into GPU + second with VGA -> DVI in iGPU worked fine. After 2nd restart it stopped working. Presumably some stupid moron driver messed up (one which I can't find!)

TRENDING THREADS