Second Monitor Cut off at the top and bottom

Zack24905

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
I upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 last night and everything went well except that when I drag google chrome to my second monitor I can only see my bookmarks bar and can't see my tabs. I have an AMD Graphics Card and I have all my drivers are up to date. My second monitor is a Vizio P50HDM tv and is connected via. HDMI and there are no overscan options. Thank You

Check the settings on both. My guess was that your monitor is 1920x1200 and your TV was 1920x1080. But in using google, I see your TV is not a 1080p monitor but a 720p. (1080i). So I was wrong.
When you drag a window from your higher res screen to your lower res one, make sure it is not too large. just resize it before you move it then use the maximize gadget in the top right corner.

lazy answer considering you are trying to get help. Either give salient answers or don't expect more of my time.

Do you have your TV set to the wrong resolution? (within windows).
Did you do as I said and move the screen in a size that fits and then maximize it?

Zack24905

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
Sorry New to this forum, I don't know if i have the wrong resolution and yes i tried to get the window to my tv size and pressed maximize button. Thank You for helping.

Well if you set the resolution on the TV to match it's actual resolution and it is still acting that way, I'm stumped.
The only other thing I know which can cause your observed symptoms is moving a window which is too large to fit on a smaller screen from a larger screen. And, you said you already tested for this by making the window small before moving.

Sorry but you have ruled out the two things I know which causes this.