[SOLVED] Second monitor goes black after one second but is still on

Aug 20, 2021
Hello,
I have seen similar threads saying the same thing. However, after turning it off and on again a few times, it is usually up and running again. This is what sets my issue aside from all the other posts I have seen. I know my monitor works. I have changed out the cords and swapped what ports it was using with my other monitor, so it is obviously an issue with the monitor itself. I am not sure how to fix this issue, though of all the issues to have it's not so bad since everything still works. The monitor in question is an Acer P221W, with my other monitor being a Samsung Sync Master. If relevant, my graphics card is a GeForce GTX 960. Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks.

Solution
This:

"However, after turning it off and on again a few times, it is usually up and running again. "

My thought is that the problem is heat related. Something loose and not making good contact until the monitor gets warmed up and that "something loose" expands enough to ensure a solid connection.

Try the monitor on another known working system. Determine if the problem stays with your system or follows the monitor.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

"However, after turning it off and on again a few times, it is usually up and running again. "

My thought is that the problem is heat related. Something loose and not making good contact until the monitor gets warmed up and that "something loose" expands enough to ensure a solid connection.

Try the monitor on another known working system. Determine if the problem stays with your system or follows the monitor.

Solution
Aug 26, 2021
Hello,
I have seen similar threads saying the same thing. However, after turning it off and on again a few times, it is usually up and running again. This is what sets my issue aside from all the other posts I have seen. I know my monitor works. I have changed out the cords and swapped what ports it was using with my other monitor, so it is obviously an issue with the monitor itself. I am not sure how to fix this issue, though of all the issues to have it's not so bad since everything still works. The monitor in question is an Acer P221W, with my other monitor being a Samsung Sync Master. If relevant, my graphics card is a GeForce GTX 960. Any help/advice is appreciated, thanks.
did u find any solutions? we have the same graphic card.

TRENDING THREADS