[SOLVED] Second monitor has audio sync issues when full screen on primary monitor ?

MilliaHakumei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Wasn't sure where to place this one, so here we are.

Finally, after a long time without, I'm back to having a dual monitor set up, and figured all was hunky doory, but after a while I had noticed that when I am running a game or app full screened on my Primary monitor, the secondary monitor when playing YouTube or even a movie via VLC media player, has their audio desync gradually, and worse as time goes on.

I've tried updating drivers, I've fiddled with G-Sync on and off, Chrome's hardware acceleration is off, rebooting and attempting just a movie and game without anything else in the background, and nothing, the audio still lags.

The biggest anomaly here would be the change from my old setup, I used to simply run a 42 inch TV as my second monitor through an HDMI-DisplayPort adapter, and it worked fine.

Now I am using an Acer 1440p 144 Hrtz connected via displayport, and only it seems to obtain this audio desync issue.

PC Specs:
i7-6700k
32 Gigs of RAM
GTX 1070 Video Card (8gig)

Solution
Assuming Windows 10:

Run CMD as administrator.
Copy paste into CMD: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Press enter.
Copy paste into CMD: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
Press enter.

Restart PC.
See if that helps

Crowii

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2014
Assuming Windows 10:

Run CMD as administrator.
Copy paste into CMD: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
Press enter.
Copy paste into CMD: bcdedit /set useplatformclock true
Press enter.

Restart PC.
See if that helps

Solution

MilliaHakumei

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
It looked like that did work for a day or two, but after another restart it seemed to start up at it again.

Sorry for delay in response, suddenly came down with something and had me some wicked crazy fever dreams about Rodney Dangerfield helping to save Azeorth lmao