Question Second monitor help!

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
So I have a dual monitor setup and about a week ago my second monitor, right after booting the system, will just go black after a few seconds of being logged into windows. Its not shutting off but just going black. if i restart the monitor it will work again for a few seconds and then go black again. Its connected to my graphics card (gtx 980) via a DVI cable.

I've already looked at the power cable and even bought a new DVI cable. After a while it will start to work properly but its usually around 30 minutes which is very inconvenient.

Thanks for any help!

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the OS are you on and which driver version are you on? You might want to list the make and models of both your monitors and see if changing the cables to them changes your experience of the issue.

Mkurucar

Reputable
Feb 8, 2015
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of the OS are you on and which driver version are you on? You might want to list the make and models of both your monitors and see if changing the cables to them changes your experience of the issue.

cpu: i7-9700k
mb: msi mpg z390
ram: gskill ddr4
ssd: samsung ssd 860 evo 1tb
gpu: gtx 980
psu: evga 850 gold
chassis: phanteks enthoo pro tempered glass

geforce driver version: 431.36
os version: 10.0.18362 build 18362

The monitor in question is an acer 60hz. can furnish the exact make/model if need be. I changed all cables to the monitor with new all new cables.