Second monitor ideas?

Steffan_3

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
I have a ASUS vg248qe monitor and using 1060 graphics card.

I wanted to add a second monitor but I will only really use it to have tabs open like Netflix/twitch/YouTube - as I plan to game on my current monitor and have a second to do as I stated above.
I don’t want to spend too much money but what sort of monitor do you think I should look for? Specs wise or perhaps just suggestions if you know of any.

Solution
Buy whatever you want so long as it has an input connector that your GTX1060 is not using.
The best would be a monitor with a displayport connector.

Attaching a second relatively static monitor will not impact your gaming.
If the second monitor is the same size and resolution, your expanded workspace will work better, you will not see size differences as you drag a window from one monitor to another.

If your second monitor has the same type tn panel then your images will be more similar.

In a perfect world, you would buy a second identical monitor.
But, more likely you can find a second 24" monitor available for much less.
Buy whatever you want so long as it has an input connector that your GTX1060 is not using.
The best would be a monitor with a displayport connector.

Attaching a second relatively static monitor will not impact your gaming.
If the second monitor is the same size and resolution, your expanded workspace will work better, you will not see size differences as you drag a window from one monitor to another.

If your second monitor has the same type tn panel then your images will be more similar.

In a perfect world, you would buy a second identical monitor.
But, more likely you can find a second 24" monitor available for much less.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS