Question Second monitor not being detected anymore

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
So since the beginning of the pandemic last year I've been using an old monitor as a second monitor. After six months, the monitor wouldn't just turn on with the computer, but it would turn on eventually, like when I start to play a game or something like that. But since last Saturday (March 3rd) it just wouldn't turn on at all. My main monitor it's 1440p and the second monitor it's a 1600x900p monitor, with a VGA to HDMI adapter so I can plug it into my GPU. I did try to swap the VGA cable with a brand new one, and it didn't work. I tried to switch the adapter with the one my younger brother is using, and it didn't work either. I tried to use another monitor with the same cable and adapter, and it didn't work either. I tried to manually detect my second monitor on Windows and it wouldn't detect it either. I really don't know what else to do. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS version are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Make and model of the monitor that's exhibiting an issue? Did you try sourcing the latest drivers for your GPU from your GPU maker's support site? Following that, use DDU to uninstall your existing GPU drivers, then reinstall the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It could be possible that the adapter(you have) just gave up and the one your brother has isn't compatible with your GPU. This is why we ask for specs when threads of troubleshooting nature are brought up, so we leave as little things to guess work as possible.

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
What OS version are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Make and model of the monitor that's exhibiting an issue? Did you try sourcing the latest drivers for your GPU from your GPU maker's support site? Following that, use DDU to uninstall your existing GPU drivers, then reinstall the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

It could be possible that the adapter(you have) just gave up and the one your brother has isn't compatible with your GPU. This is why we ask for specs when threads of troubleshooting nature are brought up, so we leave as little things to guess work as possible.
Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro 19042.867. Latest BIOS version for my motherboard (ASRock A520M-HVS). PSU Gigabyte G750H 80+ Gold, and it's one year and a half old. The monitor with the problem is this one: HP V202 19.5-inch Monitor - Specifications | HP® Customer Support. My GPU is an RTX 3070 Gigabyte Windforce and the drivers are up to date. I did connect a 32 inches Sony TV to my computer to watch a movie, and it worked without a single problem, but it won't work with monitors using a VGA to HDMI adapter. Is there anything that I can do that doesn't involve buying a new monitor with an HDMI connector?

Elixs

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019

So, I did use DDU to uninstall and then reinstall all graphics driver, and still didn't work.
Right now, I'm using a 32-inches TV as a second monitor, which is plugged in directly via HDMI, not a VGA to HDMI adapter, and it works perfectly.