Second monitor on gtx 1060 graphics card

Mar 26, 2014
Hello,

This might be a dumb question but I want to make sure. I have a gtx 1060 on my pc, I do mostly gaming and netflix. When I get tired of being on the chair I unplug my monitor from the card and connect it to the TV (located near to the CPU) using a different HDMI cable, so I can watch movies laying at my bed.

Been doing this for long cause only have 1 hdmi port on the card and was too lazzy to get a dvi-d to hdmi adapter. I got it now, so I can now remain both plugged and just use the windows display option to switch between screens.

There is anything to take into account by doing this? I dont ever plan to extend screens or use both at the same time. Will the graphic card performance degrade by having both screens but only 1 at a time?

Solution
It should work the same as before. Keep in mind that the DVI-D to HDMI adapter doesn't carry sound with it so you shouldn't use it with a TV/monitor expecting to hear sound from them. You won't see any performance degradation since you won't be using them at the same time. Using 2 monitors simultaneously degrades gaming performance and also increases the GPU's overall power consumption but as I said it doesn't matter in your case. Good luck.
It should work the same as before. Keep in mind that the DVI-D to HDMI adapter doesn't carry sound with it so you shouldn't use it with a TV/monitor expecting to hear sound from them. You won't see any performance degradation since you won't be using them at the same time. Using 2 monitors simultaneously degrades gaming performance and also increases the GPU's overall power consumption but as I said it doesn't matter in your case. Good luck.

Solution
Mar 26, 2014
Thank you. Ya makes sense the GPU will use part of the load to show second screen image but yeah, on screen configuration there is an option "only use 1" and 2, so I will just move that according my use.

And yeah I use the home teather in AUX mode connected to the back panel for netflix heh, thank you again!