Second monitor on laptop doesn't show Dvd video

Friend, I'm using winxp pro on a laptop. Attached to the laptop is a second
monitor. When I try to play DVDs using windows media player (with the
InterVideo DVD Xpack plug-in) I see the DVD player startup and the opening
flash screen on both monitors. However when the DVD content begins to play
it shows on the laptop monitor but not an the secondary monitor. The
attached, secondary monitor only shows a blackened media player screen while
beside it on the regular monitor the movie is being displayed.

Any suggestions how to fix this?

--

Bob Boudewyns
pastor@wbbethany.org

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

You need to tweak Video Acceleration settings since the acceleration is not
supported on the second monitor.

Tools->Options->Performance->Video Acceleration

First use the slider to reduce acceleration to "None". Now try the video. If
it works then it means that it is the right direction of attack. However you
may be able to get the video on second monitor with some more acceleration
than "None" or some combination of settings in the Advanced dialog.

Perhaps just turning off the "Use Overlays" in the Advanced would work with
default settings.

--
Rehan
www.rehanfx.org - get transitions and effects for Windows MovieMaker