Second monitor problems

Oliver E

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
So here's my problem I have this HP Pavilion 500-026eo (http://support.hp.com/ee-en/document/c03843676) and I'm having trouble connecting to monitors to it.

One of the monitors (the main monitor) is a Philips 23IT and the second one, which I'm trying to connect is a LG Flatron L1751SQ.

As you can see from the document, I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 640, which should support at least 2 monitors. I have a DVI-I port, HDMI port and a DisplayPort. Currently, my main monitor is gonig through the DVI-i with a VGA-to-DVI adapter. The second monitor does not have an HDMI port nor a DisplayPort, only VGA. I was given a VGA-to-DVI adapter with it. Now I bought a DP male to DVI female adapter online and tried running both monitors through it. I'm not sure, where the problem is. In my mind, it could be the newly bought adapter, the DisplayPort on my computer itself or the fact, that there's 2 adapters between the monitor and computer.

Any thoughts or help? Thank you!

Apostolis Kennedy

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Hello!
You mean you can't connect them? Or when you do you have no display. Do both of them work separately? When you connect both does one of them display anything? Your main monitor works when you connect the second one?
Have you tried pressing [windows button]+P and select extend after you connect the second one?

TRENDING THREADS