Question Second monitor randomly stopped working Windows 10

Shaun98

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
Hi, i have 2 monitors running of my gaming PC they have worked fine for the last 2 years but a few days ago i shut the computer down and now when it powers on i only get one display. i currently have one monitor connected via display port and one monitor connected via displayport using a HDMI to Display port adapter.

i have tried a bit of trouble shooting and so far this is what i have figured out.

-if i connect one monitor it doesn't matter what one it will work fine but as soon as i connect the second one the other shuts off.
-windows detects the second monitor but it shoes a smaller box and also won't give me any resolution options etc.
-Tried updating windows
-updated GPU Drivers
-disconnected all cables to pc
-Tried plugging the monitor directly to HDMI
-Monitor works fine connected to my laptop.

also when i plug the second monitor in the one that goes off says HDMI Power saving mode and then turns off.

Does anyone have any advice on this? stuck at the min and have no idea why its just randomly turned itself off..
Thanks

EDIT SOLVED Turns out the settings had somehow reverted to default and all i had to do was choose the extend this display option in screen settings...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS