[SOLVED] Second monitor to use with with existing Benq xl2411z (144hz)?

Apr 7, 2020
Hello,

Im currently looking for a secondary monitor to my benq xl2411z 144hz.

My setup is:
BenQ xl2411z (DVI-D)
GTX 980 Ti

I have searched around the internet and it seems there are a few problems with matching my monitor to others and retaining the 144hz on my main monitor.
The concerns are connections matching as xl2411z does not have display port and does not support 144hz over HDMI and the issue of 144hz matched with 60hz.

The options im considering is:
  1. BenQ xl2411p (144hz) and connect it through display port
  2. AOC 24bh1 at (60hz) and connect it through HDMI
I was wondering if there are any problems in the way im planning on connecting either monitor?
Or is there is another monitor i should consider matching my xl2411z with?

Solution
Do you need another 144Hz? If that's the case, XL2411P is a natural upgrade as its a successor model and pretty inexpensive for what you're getting. The new model has the Color Vibrance, which allows for greater color customization to counter the poor color performance on TN panel. Another better upgrade at 24" would be XL2430, which offers Blur Reduction, better more modern stand design, and S-Switch for a more convenience picture/gaming mode switching.

Bentp2019

Commendable
Dec 16, 2019
Do you need another 144Hz? If that's the case, XL2411P is a natural upgrade as its a successor model and pretty inexpensive for what you're getting. The new model has the Color Vibrance, which allows for greater color customization to counter the poor color performance on TN panel. Another better upgrade at 24" would be XL2430, which offers Blur Reduction, better more modern stand design, and S-Switch for a more convenience picture/gaming mode switching.

Solution