Second Monitor Won't Detect in Windows 10

mjj1998

Reputable
Jul 25, 2016
So the first monitor I have is a 1080p 60hz acer that I have connected to my graphics card (which is a gtx 1070) with a dvi cable. The second monitor I bought is a 1440p 144hz agon that I have connected to my graphics card with a display port cable. When the monitor turns on it says no input found, and when I try to detect it with the display settings in Windows 10 it doesn't detect anything.
I've even tried looking in device manager, and I couldn't find the monitor, which made me think the computer isn't detecting it at all. Which isn't right, because when I turn the monitor off, my computer gives a sound queue as if I unplugged something, and when I turn it on my computer gives a sound queue as if I plugged something in.
I tried downloading the monitor driver, I updated my graphics card, restarted my pc 3 times between all of this, and nothing. The monitor's input is also already on DP, so that's not the problem.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I'm at a complete loss for any ideas.
Thank you.

Solution
Alright, I found a solution, don't know if it's the best one, but here goes. I connected my 1440p 144hz monitor to the graphics card and I connected the 1080p 60hz one to the motherboard, then it worked perfectly. I'm just never gonna run a game on the 1080p one, but that's fine with me.

mjj1998

Reputable
Jul 25, 2016
Update: I connected only my second monitor, booted up my computer and the weirdest thing happened. The display turned on and showed the MSI screen for my motherboard saying stuff like "delete key for boot menu" and stuff, and it had a loading circle come up, but right when it loaded and would've went to the login screen the display went black and it said "No Input Found" as it did before. And so I plugged in my first monitor, with an hdmi cable now, and it turned on instantly showing my desktop, and went to the display settings and it STILL didn't detect my second monitor. But now whenever I restart my computer it'll first show the display on my second monitor, and then when it finishes loading up from the motherboard screen it swaps to my first monitor for logging in.

I'm baffled, no idea what's going on.

Oh, also, when I plug in my Chromecast to my second monitor that pops up instantly, don't know if that's relevant or not.

Basically, I'm thinking it's something to do with Windows 10 as my graphics card recognizes it, and it turns on, and the cable works, it's just Windows 10 being annoying.

mjj1998

Reputable
Jul 25, 2016
Alright, I found a solution, don't know if it's the best one, but here goes. I connected my 1440p 144hz monitor to the graphics card and I connected the 1080p 60hz one to the motherboard, then it worked perfectly. I'm just never gonna run a game on the 1080p one, but that's fine with me.

Solution