Question Second monitor works with DVI cable but not DisplayPort

michaelacosta602

Commendable
Aug 29, 2017
I recently bought a new monitor (VG27aq), and after having both hooked up via displayport to my gpu, it worked well for some time. One week into having my new monitor, my old monitor(VG248QE) stopped receiving signal. I tried updating my gpu's drivers and that didn't fix the problem. So eventually I switched the diplayport cable to a dvi cable and it worked. I tried using a second displayport cable to see if the first displayport cable was the problem but that didn't seem to fix the problem so I knew it wasn't the cable. I know I can continue to use the dvi cable but I don't want to simply ignore the problem since there clearly is one. This problem previously happened to me as well, when I had one monitor hooked up via displayport and the other through vga. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it considering both monitors are great and I highly doubt they are the problem.

This might help but when the problem was occurring and I was trying to fix it, I would turn my PC on and the monitor's light would go from orange (sleep) to blue (awake), then back to orange after displaying "No Signal". This would also happen when I would try to detect my monitor in the windows display settings. It seems a signal is sent to the monitor since it makes the light go from orange to blue when I try detecting it, but the monitor is rejecting it.

If you have any idea as to why this is happening, I would greatly appreciate some tips to fix it.

Here are my specs:

Monitor 1 (New Monitor) - VG27aq
Monitor 2 (Old Monitor) - VG248QE
Motherboard: Gigabyte z270x-UD3
CPU: Intel I7 7700
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 ti
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb DDR4 3600MHz
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
PSU: I have a corsair cx750m V2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS