[SOLVED] Second screen freezes when playing games ?

Slich

Prominent
Aug 5, 2021
Hey,
I'm experiencing a problem after a hardware upgrade. I recently changed CPU and motherboard and I haven't had any similar problems before.
Sometimes while playing games on my main screen, my 2nd screen just freezes/stutters until I tab back out.

Win 10 Education
Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI B550 A-Pro
Gainward GTX 1060 6GB
16GB G.Skill TridentZ @ XMP
Corsair RM650
MSI Optix MAG251RX @ 244 Hz @ FHD
some Acer screen @ 60Hz @ FHD

Old setup (everything the same but CPU and MB):
Ryzen 5 1600X
ASUS ROG Strix X370-F

I haven't found a solution yet. I actually haven't even found someone with a similar problem yet. So before I try to setup windows anew or update BIOS I wanted to ask here.
Any ideas what the cause could be and how to fix it? Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum but this looked the most suitable for my case.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you migrated from your old motherboard to the ne w, did you reinstall the OS after refabricating the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS version prior to reinstalling your OS, FYI. Also, keep your drivers for the platform(motherboard, wireless adapter and GPU) handy on a pen drive as well, while only having your SSD(one where you intend to have the OS on) plugged into the motherboard.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When you migrated from your old motherboard to the ne w, did you reinstall the OS after refabricating the bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? Might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS version prior to reinstalling your OS, FYI. Also, keep your drivers for the platform(motherboard, wireless adapter and GPU) handy on a pen drive as well, while only having your SSD(one where you intend to have the OS on) plugged into the motherboard.

Solution