Jan 25, 2021
Hello, a while ago I bought a PC. It is built out of these parts:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Mainboard: MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max
Grafics card: AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
Ram: 16GB G.Skill Aegis 3200Mhz
SSD: 256GB Patriot P300 (NVMe SSD)
Power adapter: 400W be quiet! System Power 9

Now I wanted to add a second SSD because my internal storage wasn't enough anymore. I did buy the Samsung 860 EVO SSD (SATA 6 GB/s) 1 Terrabyte. I did connect the power and SATA cable and the PC seemed to work except that there was no HDMI Signal. I couldn't open the BIOs either.

After that I thought I could at least go back to the old setup and just use only the old SSD. Therefor I turnt everything back but it didn't work. I tried to use only the second SSD and download windows again but my problem stayed the same.

Everytime I boot up my PC there are two lights going on, labeled VGA and CPU. But after a few seconds they go off. As I reserched I found out that they light up until the problem is solved. So that should not be the problem although I am pretty sure they did no light up before.

I checked the HDMI cable but it still works. Also I am pretty sure that I didn't knock anything out of place.

Now I fear I fried my grafics card. Otherwise I can't explain that to myself. If anyone know what the problem is that would be awesome.

TRENDING THREADS