Question Second SSD randomly gone missing in Zephyrus G15 2022 ?

Nazly_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
Laptop: Zephyrus G15 (2022)
Second SSD : Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB Nvme PCIe 3.0 SSD

Because my laptop only has 512gb of storage i intend to make use of the second SSD slot that's available, so i went and bought this ssd and since that pcie slots are backwards compatible and i wanted to save some money ( cuz this laptop is expensive af)

I went for the XPG SX8200 Pro and installed it and everything worked fine and the SSD was detected.

But after a couple of weeks it suddenly starts to randomly disappear, usually it happens when my laptop went to sleep for hours , this was fixed after a restart, but then it happened everytime i shutdown my laptop then turned it on again it just disappeared, even restarting didn't do anything. So i decided to leave it alone for the entire day and somehow it re-appeared,, but after a shutdown and turning it on again its gone again. So i went to check over at the bios and found out that the bios didnt detect it either, neither did opening up the laptop and re installing it. I did it so many times and still no result.

Ralston18

Titan
If the Adata drive did not wiggle loose and nothing else has turned up then the drive could be defective.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Either one or both tools may be capturing some related error code, warning, or even an informational event(s) related to the Adata drive dissappearing and reappearing.

Click as applicable for more detailed information: the details may or may not be helpful.

May be something running in the background and/or being triggered by Task Scheduler. Take a look in Task Manager and Task Scheduler.

Nazly_

Honorable
Aug 10, 2017
First, i wanted to try and use it in my old laptop which has 1 nvme slot but still havent had any chance as of now because im quite busy

Then i did a check using Reliability History and Event Viewer i didnt find any error code, warning, or even informational events about it and it was kind of expected because the drive never disappeared when the Laptop was on as it only disappeared after a shutdown(not a restart)

As for the issue of it being caused by something in the background or triggered by task scheduler while i havent check it, i dont think it caused by them either because again it only disappeared after a shutdown even if i just turned it on for a moment then shut it down it would disappear for another day or 2

Also trying to find the cause of the problem have become even more harder because it barely appeared anymore even if i left it for 2-3 days.

Note: Thx for correcting, english is not my first language

Jan 12, 2023
I have the same problem as you, but I have it on SS 980 Pro 2TB
also GU603ZW;
Brief description of my machine configuration:
GU603ZW with BIOS 310 version
Win10 22h2 or 11 22h2 (with newest update)
Intel VMD: on or off (not different with this bug!)
SSD 1st slot: SS 980 Pro 250GB with OS
SSD 2nd slot: SS 980 Pro 2TB with data and gaming
Sometimes the SSD in the 2nd slot will disappear when in a Windows environment, but in the BIOS it will still receive it normally. My temporary fix was to configure SMART Settings in BIOS to be from Off to On (Or vice versa from On to Off if the 2nd SSD slot problem disappears in Windows again)
I have reported to ASUS Vietnam, And you know what they told me? they only check for errors when using OEM SSDs from ASUS, if other SSDs have problems, they disclaim responsibility! I'm really disappointed! Do I have to contact ASUS every time I buy an SSD?