[SOLVED] second wifi hub

May 28, 2020
Hi guys
needing help with second wifi hub setup.
im on virgin media and im using there hub as a modem then running all my connections of a ASUS RT-N66U . iv then trying to setup a second WI-FI box an wanlink in the conservatory as a Lan and WI-FI point .now the problem if i connect my ethernet lead directly into my desktop im getting 300+mbps but as soon as i add the wanlink im only getting speeds of 80+mbps the wanlink is a wanlink 1200 so im think it is capable of my higher speeds .so can any one help .p.s i have setup the ASUS as the master and the wanlink DHCP disabled so not sure what im doing wrong hope you guys can help .

Solution
I don't know I am unsure how you have it hooked up.

If there is a wifi hop in the middle it is unlikely. If you are using ethernet then you need a different router that has 10/100/1000 ports on it.
A lot of the cheaper 1200 routers only have 10/100 ports on them.

Are you running a ethernet cable between the asus and the wavlink box. If you are using it as some kind of wifi repeater it generally will run slower than a direct wifi connection to the main router.

May 28, 2020
Hi samirD
my setup ie wired .
virginmedia hub 3 in modem mode then this is wired to a asus n66u router then i have a wired goto to the wanlink .and the asus is set to master .
but i think i have found the problem. the problem is that the wanlink is only 10/100 mbs and i need 10/100/1000 as my conntion speed vm is 300+mbs