[SOLVED] Secondary disk mini stutter/freeze when load

Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys I need your help. My pc isn't even 1 year old but I'm encountering a problem.

Whenever I play games on my secondary disk (the Firecuda) and I need to load any information (new location, open inventory) and so on it makes some noise and mini freezes and then I can keep on playing. I have turned off the energy option to put the harddrive to sleep.
This is a annoying problem and I don't know if I can fix this or if I need to buy a new ssd.
Help is appreciated.

Temps are fine already controlled. I this is not my first build but first time encountering this problem.

My rig:

MSI - GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO
Intel - Core i7-9700K
Corsair Hydro H100X
HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB
Samsung 860 EVO Series 250GB
Fractal Design Define C
Seagate FireCuda 2,5" 1TB
Gigabyte Z390 UD

Solution
Using Samsung's Magician Tool, is your SSD on the latest firmware update? To add, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? How many partitions do you have on the 1TB SSHD? I personally don't use a 2.5" HDD to do gaming duty since they are prone to fail miserably when taxed. It's for this reason that I keep 2.5" drives as storage drives alone.

Lutfij

Titan
Using Samsung's Magician Tool, is your SSD on the latest firmware update? To add, are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? How many partitions do you have on the 1TB SSHD? I personally don't use a 2.5" HDD to do gaming duty since they are prone to fail miserably when taxed. It's for this reason that I keep 2.5" drives as storage drives alone.

Solution