Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2019
Hey everyone!

This problem has been going on for some time now and it's starting to give me a headache. I have an Asus 1600x900 main monitor, which is attached by a DVI cable into the GPU, as well as an NEC P462 large screen display. I've had this setup for over two years and at one point I disconnected the NEC P462 to attach my Macbook Pro via an HDMI cord (using the cord originally plugged into the PC's GPU). I attached the cable back into the GPU and monitor after finishing with the Macbook and the resolution of the NEC P462 monitor is now stuck at640x480 resolution, and all other resolution settings are grayed out in Windows 10 display settings. Here is what I've tried doing so far:

• Tried switching to a new HDMI cable
  • Tried using different HDMI inputs on each device
  • Updated GPU drivers (clean install)
  • Updated NEC P462 monitor drivers
  • Updated to the newest version of Windows 10
  • Looked for any scaling options in my GPU's settings, didn't find any
Photos:

hgDHrsC.jpg

Here are the specs of my computer (pulled from AMD problem support wizard): https://pastebin.com/yNpUrZ7F

Last edited:
Solution
I've tried everything. Updated drivers on the monitor, the GPU, reset everything to factory settings, unplugged the monitor for an entire day to see if that would reset anything, tried using different combinations of HDMI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI and DVI to DVI connections via the GPU. I don't know what the **** is wrong with this monitor. It's now a 40" wall ornament.

Sorry for the late reply. Since this whole mess started with the Mac, try plugging it back into the Mac and seeing if you can get the resolution to work again. If so, make sure to save whatever settings for it then turn off the monitor, then unplug power from it, then unplug HDMI then move it over to Windows machine

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
First of all, please don't ever post that stuff directly into the forums again.
Use a paste bin to move it all over and edit your post to just have a link to the paste bin. Thank you.

Second, have you tried turning the PC off then back on again while it is plugged in?

Alternatively have you tried unplugging the cable from the system (not the monitor, the system), restarting, then plugging it back in?

Nov 1, 2019
First of all, please don't ever post that stuff directly into the forums again.
Use a paste bin to move it all over and edit your post to just have a link to the paste bin. Thank you.

Second, have you tried turning the PC off then back on again while it is plugged in?

Alternatively have you tried unplugging the cable from the system (not the monitor, the system), restarting, then plugging it back in?

My bad, I'm new to the forums. Yes, I have tried unplugging the cable from the system, restarting, and plugging it back in. One interesting thing that I've found is that even when the system is turned off, the 640x480 letter boxes are still present if I turn my secondary monitor on. I've been looking through the monitor's menu for resolution options but haven't found anything helpful.

Thanks for the reply.

Nov 1, 2019
There should be an option in monitor osd for resetting it to factory. Try that.

If no option then there is a specific button method to do it and you need to Google how for your specific monitor model

Alright, so factory resetting the monitor has removed the letterbox and stretched the image to fit the full screen; however, the resolution is still locked from Windows display settings at 640x480.

Nov 1, 2019
Hey everyone!

This problem has been going on for some time now and it's starting to give me a headache. I have an Asus 1600x900 main monitor, which is attached by a DVI cable into the GPU, as well as an NEC P462 large screen display. I've had this setup for over two years and at one point I disconnected the NEC P462 to attach my Macbook Pro via an HDMI cord (using the cord originally plugged into the PC's GPU). I attached the cable back into the GPU and monitor after finishing with the Macbook and the resolution of the NEC P462 monitor is now stuck at640x480 resolution, and all other resolution settings are grayed out in Windows 10 display settings. Here is what I've tried doing so far:

• Tried switching to a new HDMI cable
  • Tried using different HDMI inputs on each device
  • Updated GPU drivers (clean install)
  • Updated NEC P462 monitor drivers
  • Updated to the newest version of Windows 10
  • Looked for any scaling options in my GPU's settings, didn't find any
Photos:

hgDHrsC.jpg

Here are the specs of my computer (pulled from AMD problem support wizard): https://pastebin.com/yNpUrZ7F
Update your graphics drivers:
Nvidia: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/

Go on youtube to update and match it to your monitor resolution

Thanks

Nov 1, 2019
I've tried everything. Updated drivers on the monitor, the GPU, reset everything to factory settings, unplugged the monitor for an entire day to see if that would reset anything, tried using different combinations of HDMI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI and DVI to DVI connections via the GPU. I don't know what the **** is wrong with this monitor. It's now a 40" wall ornament.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

Sorry for the late reply. Since this whole mess started with the Mac, try plugging it back into the Mac and seeing if you can get the resolution to work again. If so, make sure to save whatever settings for it then turn off the monitor, then unplug power from it, then unplug HDMI then move it over to Windows machine

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.