[SOLVED] Secondary drive could cause Windows to not boot up?

Dec 8, 2019
Hii guys i need your help asap, i have rog laptop with 2 hard drives, one is adata ssd 240 (os drive) and one intel 660 p nvme ( for games).

I found out that the intel drive is faulty because if i install big games on it, it just disappears from the system and every time the drive disappearing i reboot Windows and the computer gets stuck on logo screen(happing just if the secondary drive going bad).

After couple of reboots the system gets to Windows without a problem and the drive showing up as normal.

What im asking is if i have faulty secondary drive (not os drive) can it cause Windows to not boot up? I need to know if that is my problem before i replace the faulty drive, thanks.

Solution
If the secondary drive was present when windows was installed on the primary drive, then the secondary will have a hidden recovery partition that is necessary for booting windows.

There is, I think a convoluted method of fixing this, but I do not know what it is.
The alternative would be to reinstall windows with only the C drive present.
If the secondary drive was present when windows was installed on the primary drive, then the secondary will have a hidden recovery partition that is necessary for booting windows.

There is, I think a convoluted method of fixing this, but I do not know what it is.

Solution
Dec 8, 2019

The drive was installed when windows installed, i enble it manuly in the disck mengment, ithink i just replce this ssd

Dec 8, 2019
Sounds like it's overheating? Writing too much data in a confined space, laptop, causes the drive to overheat. It works again once it cools off. Try cleaning and/or keeping the laptop cooler while installing?

No i dont think that it over heat, it scar iii and it have prrety good coling, i try this anyways, thanks