Question Secondary drive no longer showing up in file explorer. Still shows up in device management. Can I save my files?

amititsko10

Reputable
Dec 3, 2017
Hi there so as the title says after restarting my pc this morning it booted up like normal and all the files and applications from that are on my secondary drive are now blank and no longer working. I now see that my secondary drive is no longer showing in file explorer. However, it still shows up in device manager and I can even access its properties. However when accessing them all the disk information is gone and is represented as the value -. I'm unsure on how to proceed and don't want to chance losing all my files any solutions to this please and thank you!

USAFRet

Titan
Hi there so as the title says after restarting my pc this morning it booted up like normal and all the files and applications from that are on my secondary drive are now blank and no longer working. I now see that my secondary drive is no longer showing in file explorer. However, it still shows up in device manager and I can even access its properties. However when accessing them all the disk information is gone and is represented as the value -. I'm unsure on how to proceed and don't want to chance losing all my files any solutions to this please and thank you!
Please show us a screencap of Disk Management

Also, a full parts list of this system.

amititsko10

Reputable
Dec 3, 2017
Screenshot of disk management

i7-7700k
GTX 1080
16GB Ram
Kingston 240 Gb SSD (Boot Drive)
Seagate 1TB Hard Drive
Rosewill 550W PSU

The Secondary drive doesn't show up anywhere in disk management despite reconnecting and using new SATA cables and for some reason I am unable to allocate or do anything with the unallocated 3.8 gb as it results in an i/0 error and I'm unaware where this even came from.