[SOLVED] Secondary Drive takes over booting over SATA SSD

Apr 23, 2020
I installed and SSD drive using a SATA card. This replaced the previous EIDE hard drive that becomes now secondary. The SSD drive is recognized in BIOS and Windows and boots OK. My problem is that the EIDE drive that was the Master booting drive before (and still connects to EIDE interface), whenever is connected is taking over the booting over the newly SSD SATA drive. No matter how I configure the jumpers in the ATA (EIDE) drive, master, slave, cable select, if the drive is connected it takes over the booting since Windows is still there in it.
I was thinking of deleting Windows in this drive since I am going to format it anyway, but the question is, if once the OS is not found in the EIDE drive (apparently the machine looks for the MBR in this drive first even though I configured in BIOS to start with the SSD drive), will it go to search the MBR in the SATA SSD instead?

Solution
Solved. I finally formatted the EIDE drive and no more MBR there. Then I changed the booting order of the drives inside the BIOS. And voila. It's now booting from the SSD.
Apr 23, 2020
Thank you for your answer. You are right. This is an old though not so old motherboard. This is one of the old computers I have I decided to upgrade the hard drive.
This is an eMachines W3503. The SSD was never connected. This machine came with an ATA/EIDE Hard Drive originally. This is not the first time I add SSD to an old motherboard. This one surprised me with this behavior. In order to connect the SSD I added a PCI Express SATA III Controller Card. The card was recognized by the BIOS and Windows 7 also added it to the list of devices. The SSD is connected to it and it is recognized by Windows 7. S, the SSD is compatible to this motherboard but the problem is I cannot connect the original EIDE HD as a secondary drive because it will take over the booting. Now, like I said before, what is left to me is to delete the Windows folder that remained in the old HD and see if when the machine does not find a MBR in the EIDE drive it jumps straight to the SSD which appears second in the booting sequence. What do you say, if I remove the Windows folder (which I would eventually remove anyway if I format the EIDE drive, will the booting pass to the SSD ?

Apr 23, 2020
Solved. I finally formatted the EIDE drive and no more MBR there. Then I changed the booting order of the drives inside the BIOS. And voila. It's now booting from the SSD.

Solution