Question Secondary drives not detected after cloning to new C drive

Jun 7, 2019
Hi all,

Today I cloned my C drive from a 250GB SSD to a 1TB SSD, and everything seems to be working for the most part. However, my 3 secondary drives aren't being detected when I boot from my new C drive. They don't show up in My Computer, but they do appear (in some capacity) on Disk Management.

Here's what my disk management screen looks like (the previous 250GB C drive is not plugged in here):
lvFPyPd.png

and here's the error message I get when I try to either change drive letters, or view properties:
VOOGH2g.png

These are mostly just backups and game installs so it's not the end of the world if I end up having to format these disks, but I'd rather cleanly migrate them to my new C drive instead of re-downloading terabytes of files. Haven't been able to find any information or Google or the forums about this issue; maybe I'm just not wording my searches right.

Appreciate any insight y'all might have on this issue.

Jun 7, 2019
Were these part of a RAID, or Storage Spaces thing?
Were they connected when doing this clone?

I've never seen this happen before.
They were just regular old HDDs being used for backups, storage and game installs; I've never messed around with RAID or any particularly advanced drive setups. I also edited my previous reply with additional information; not sure if you caught it when you just posted.

Jun 7, 2019
As the dialog box recommends, reboot.
See what happens.
No dice. I noticed that EaseUS has a partition manager and downloaded it, but you can't actually execute changes without coughing up $40. If the solution is as simple as re-assigning those drives' respective letters, are there any other respectable third party partition managers out there, since Windows isn't quite doing it?

Amusingly, EaseUS's help center openly admits that "over half" of users experience issues like this. I respect their commitment to the nickel-and-dime hustle, I guess?

Last edited: