Secondary GPU Shows Code 43 After Installing Windows 10 Even With Updated Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawofMurphy92

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015
Hey guys, wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows a fix:

I just installed Windows 10 and have got a problem that has me stumped. I have two GPUs, an EVGA GTX 760 as my primary and a GTX 560 Ti running a second monitor. The 760 had no issues in the upgrade, but no matter what I do to the 560, it shows up in device manager as Code 43. I'm trying to gauge if it's an issue with the fact I have two dissimilar GPUs or a bit of software not liking that particular card. My gut says software, but I don't know exactly what. I've done some googling to the effect and seems to be I'm not the only one with troubles but didn't find a fix that worked.

I like what I've seen with 10 so far, so I don't want to roll back just yet and my 760 can pick up the slack easily, so if there's a fix on the horizon I can wait. Otherwise, I'll have to check my options.

To level with ya, I'm not really much of a computer guy beyond basic maintenance and trouble shooting, so please dumb down your answers accordingly. Thanks!

Solution
I just read about this two days ago. Because the NVidia drivers are so new for windows 10 they DO NOT support different GPUs in the same system. So either revert back to windows 8/7 or manually take out that GTX 560 ti.

LawofMurphy92

Reputable
Jul 30, 2015

Well, ain't that a kick in the head. Any indications if or when that'll get fixed? Of course, this might just be a flimsy enough pretext to talk myself into a 980 Ti if I have to go back to a single card...

Yeah it's an issue that will get fixed soon says NVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.