[SOLVED] Secondary HDD disconnects randomly when playing any game.

Daahrien

Honorable
Mar 13, 2019
I used that HDD as primary for some years and then I bought an SSD, so now the SSD is primary (has windows) and the HDD is secondary. I formatted it and I use it mainly for storing games.

Everything used to work well for some time, but now when im playing games it randomly disconnects, the game stops responding and then when I close the process, there is no secondary drive detected.

I also noticed it happñening to my primary (the SSD) too. When I was doing some heavy things in a software called Unity. It freezed every program and then the blue screen came out.

I have tried changing the sata ports and its the exact same. Maybe a corrupted driver I guessed, but I haven't had luck with driver updater softwares. It happens ther same as with the Unity software, I get a blue screen when the driver updater software is making a restore point. I used my windows 10 usb to reinstall windows with no chan ges to my personal files and its the same.

What can it be? especially becxause the first weeks I used it like this (1st SSD 2nd HDD) I didnt have any problem, this just started recently.

I used that HDD as primary for some years and then I bought an SSD, so now the SSD is primary (has windows) and the HDD is secondary. I formatted it and I use it mainly for storing games.

Everything used to work well for some time, but now when im playing games it randomly disconnects, the game stops responding and then when I close the process, there is no secondary drive detected.

I also noticed it happñening to my primary (the SSD) too. When I was doing some heavy things in a software called Unity. It freezed every program and then the blue screen came out.

I have tried changing the sata ports and its the exact same. Maybe a corrupted driver I guessed, but I haven't had luck with driver updater softwares. It happens ther same as with the Unity software, I get a blue screen when the driver updater software is making a restore point. I used my windows 10 usb to reinstall windows with no chan ges to my personal files and its the same.

What can it be? especially becxause the first weeks I used it like this (1st SSD 2nd HDD) I didnt have any problem, this just started recently.
Go to control panel > Power options> Chose your Power saving plan and in it's setting, set Disk sleep to 0.

Daahrien

Honorable
Mar 13, 2019
Go to control panel > Power options> Chose your Power saving plan and in it's setting, set Disk sleep to 0.

I already tried that, went ahead and did it for all plans not only the current one. Also, crystaldiskinfo shows 4 uncorrectable sector counts, so I guess I should replace the drive? :/