[SOLVED] Secondary hdd partioning interrupted and now hdd won't let windows boot or work in general

May 19, 2022
Hello everybody, i just connected a new hdd (western digital caviar blue 1TB) and I started partioning it Suddenly the disk manager crashed and after I retried I got the data error cyclic redundancy check. I restarted my pc and I couldn't get it to boot. I figured out that only by removing the sata cable it booted instantly. With the disk connected I can't shut down my pc I can't Boot it and I can't restart it. Diak manager just hangs when I check for new disks and device manager recognizes the disk but I can't do anything because it just hangs as well every time I try to uninstall it disable it etc. I also tried it on a different pc and it's the exact same. It's a Brand New drive as well, never used and I just need it to work. It also doesn't have a letter to identify it and apart from device manager I can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Solution
For me, this sounds like your new hdd is just defective.

If you need documentation for it being defective, you may do this:
Since Windows won't respond when the hdd connected, get/download a bootable Linux iso file (just about any of the popular one like Ubuntu, Mint, . . ) and create a bootable usb stick should work. Boot up to it's desktop, then find a software called "Disks" - select the hdd in question and use the menu to get to show it's s.m.a.r.t. data. Hit the Print screen button, then get another usb stick to copy the screenshot onto.

Since Windows won't respond when the hdd connected, get/download a bootable Linux iso file (just about any of the popular one like Ubuntu, Mint, . . ) and create a bootable usb stick should work. Boot up to it's desktop, then find a software called "Disks" - select the hdd in question and use the menu to get to show it's s.m.a.r.t. data. Hit the Print screen button, then get another usb stick to copy the screenshot onto.

Solution
May 19, 2022

Thank you for the suggestion! will try it and share the results.