Secondary HDD Showing in Bios. However, NOT showing in OS(Win7) including disk management

HTK

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014
I recently purchased a WD Black2 Drive, A dual drive with capacity of [120GB SSD + 1TB HDD]. Additionally I have a 250GB Samsung SSD and two Wd 1TB HDDs. After performing a clean install of Windows 7, using the new 120GB SSD as the C: Drive, all drives are showing in the OS and working with the exception of one of my Wd 1TB HDD's. Additionally, the disk is not showing in Disk Management. Yet, is showing in the BIOS.

[Motherboard]
Asus Z97-A

[CPU]
Intel i7 4790-K

[GPU]
EVGA 780TI

[Storage Devices]
- Western Digital Black2 Drive - (C: ) & (F: ) Drive - WD1001X06XDTL

- Samsung 250GB SSD 840 Series - (G: ) Drive

- Western Digital 1TB Blue Drive - (E: ) Drive

- Western Digital 1TB Black Drive - N/A

[Operating System]
Windows 7 64-bit

DataMedic

Honorable
Nov 22, 2013
Did you image the drive to the the SSD and are now trying to use it as a secondary drive? If so it could be a conflict because the partitions show the same GUID (global unique identifier) which will confuse Windows.

HTK

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

First, Thanks for the extremely fast response.

I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area. So, this could be the case. But, Im not sure how to check, if you could point me in the right direction.

DiskManagment.PNG

HTK

Reputable
Dec 28, 2014

click image upload

Hey there, HTK!

I'm very sorry to hear about your issues with the WD Black HDD :(.
I'd suggest to try mounting it with a different SATA cable, maybe switch the SATA ports as well.
Make sure the cables are plugged firmly, because my guess is you're dealing with a faulty one.
If that doesn't help, I'd try it on another computer as well and see if it will get detected there properly.

Keep me posted! Hope this helps you.
Merry Christmas! :)
SuperSoph_WD