[SOLVED] Secondary SSD not staying formatted?

Dec 16, 2020
Edit: Fixed the issue. For anyone else having this issue, download and use DMDe (HDD recover software).

So I built a new PC and have a 2TB NVMe SSD primary drive (Main/OS Boot) and a SSD for a secondary/extra storage drive. I initialize the secondary and reformat and everything is fine. Until I reboot or restart my PC, the drive becomes unformatted again as shown below. Have gone through all BIOS options and reseating etc. not really sure what else to do.

View: https://imgur.com/a/D9aSPWK

Last edited:
Solution
That means the SSD didnt format, it cannot revieve its deleted data back as its permanent.
You can try using:

-EASEUS partition master to partition/format the drive

or

-Windows 10 USB stick If you have a spare USB you can partition it to windows 10 then load that in the PC and then restart PC and it will load install screen without loading hardrive/ssd and then it will say agree and next and it will come to an option to Format drives, be certain of which drive it is after you have click format then you can remove the USB and click that cross/restart it.

or

-Windows 10 library explorer you can sgo to my PC and right click the drive and then click format (easiet option)
If non of them methods work then your ssd...
Dec 17, 2020
That means the SSD didnt format, it cannot revieve its deleted data back as its permanent.
You can try using:

or

-Windows 10 USB stick If you have a spare USB you can partition it to windows 10 then load that in the PC and then restart PC and it will load install screen without loading hardrive/ssd and then it will say agree and next and it will come to an option to Format drives, be certain of which drive it is after you have click format then you can remove the USB and click that cross/restart it.

or

-Windows 10 library explorer you can sgo to my PC and right click the drive and then click format (easiet option)
If non of them methods work then your ssd could be locked by an application/component for saftey reason somehow

Dec 16, 2020
You can try using:

or

or

If non of them methods work then your ssd could be locked by an application/component for saftey reason somehow
What is the full parts list of this system?

Hi, thank you for the replies! I managed to fix and recover everything via a software (DMDe). After several test runs (reboots and shutdowns) the SSD stays allocated and all my data is recovered (not disappearing etc.)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS