[SOLVED] secondry hard drive

Nov 26, 2021
I have a new to me PC with an SSD running windows 11. I would like to take the old HDD drive out of my other PC and use it as a secondary along side the newer SSD as storage. I have copied what i want from the old HDD onto an external drive, so I can format it if need be as it currently has windows 10 on it. What do i need to do to get this old drive to work as a storage drive in the new to me PC

Solution
I have a new to me PC with an SSD running windows 11. I would like to take the old HDD drive out of my other PC and use it as a secondary along side the newer SSD as storage. I have copied what i want from the old HDD onto an external drive, so I can format it if need be as it currently has windows 10 on it. What do i need to do to get this old drive to work as a storage drive in the new to me PC
"new to me".
Do you personally do a full OS reinstall? If not, you should.

Anyway, yes, you can connect that old drive, wipe it, and use it for whatever.
Not just "format", but rather delete ALL existing partitions.

USAFRet

Titan
"new to me".
Do you personally do a full OS reinstall? If not, you should.

Anyway, yes, you can connect that old drive, wipe it, and use it for whatever.
Not just "format", but rather delete ALL existing partitions.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution