Review Secretlab Titan Evo 2022 Review: Superior Gaming Chair

ceomrman2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
WOW..a chair for rich people. For that kind of money ($450) I can buy myself a complete individual used parts system from the Amazon Warehouse or our local computer show. The Bangladesh boys now at the show offering a MSI Z390-A PRO LGA1151 for $79 and a way over the top Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX for $50, all stuff I can only dream about. For me driving a forklift at Walmart reality however keeps on biting and the slightly weathered and wobbly office chairs at the Salvation Army for $25 now starting to look better and better.

The office chair I bought used 5 years ago is disintegrating so I've been in the market. I do web conferences frequently and I'm not as young anymore, so I want good support and good looks. Lately, I've only seen ugly garbage or little task chairs in the sub-US$150 used range. I just don't want more garbage, not at that price. This chair is very competitive for its size and features. Certainly nothing new made by free citizens (like Steelcase, ergoCentric, or Herman Miller) is nearly so cheap. To me, the sweet spot is this price range ($350 - $600) but for a used "brick sh*t house" product that will last until you don't want it anymore. They look better and have millions of "butt years" of experience behind them. They come with 12-year hassle-free warranties, and even if that's expired, you can get parts new and used for decades. Long term, I bet that's as cheap as any other approach, and probably easier and comfier.

Reactions: Tom Sunday

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I have the 2020 version of the Titan and I use it every day working from home. It is spacious, comfortable while also being very supportive and adjustable. It is incredibly well built, almost to the point of being overbuilt. Most cheap chairs feel like they will fall apart if you sit to one side or lean back...this has none of that. The steel used for the seat mount base, hydraulic cylinder and the roller base is quite thick and all heavy duty.

To me, it was completely worth the money. Are there other options? Sure, there are. But I'm giving my feedback after owning a 2020 Titan for approx 1 year of constant use.

Jul 19, 2021
As much as I love the over all quality of the chair, Secretlab claim that this the small version of this chair is suitable for someone as short as 4'11" (149.86cm) to 5'6" (167.64cm). Regrettably, this is a blatant lie. I just received my Titan Evo 2022 and at the lowest setting my feet just touch the ground. As my height is 5' 7.5", the lowest setting my legs should be firmly planted on the floor (knees raised) and result in having to increase the height. Secretlab customer service reply was ridiculous. "Our sizing guide for a rough estimation of which sizing is more suitable for you". I cannot fathom how they came up with these male or female heights but they're bunk. Realistically, the minimum height for the small chair should be a male or female who is approx 5' 8" absolute minimum. I use a foot rest so it helps but this is not what I expected.

ceomrman2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
"Our sizing guide for a rough estimation of which sizing is more suitable for you".

That reminds me of a box of Trader Joe's something or other frozen thingies - it said to nuke them for 4 minutes. I did that, using my totally standard over-the-range microwave that wasn't broken or anything and they were still frozen solid. It's like no one even tried to get it right. Perhaps someone just assumed westerners are all humungous people?

Mar 15, 2022
DO NOT buy this chair!! It has faulty armrests that tear on the sides within just a few months, even with regular cleaning and maintenance. And when it does fail, they will tell you that it's normal wear and tear, even though it's never happened to me on past chairs I've owned. Then they will tell you that you can BUY a replacement for $40. There are several reddit threads discussing this issue - some of them are 2 years old, but still have people adding to the thread even now. SL refuses to do anything about it and have been emailing me back and forth for months with the same BS.

Terrible customer service
Terrible OVERPRICED chairs

Trust me, it's NOT worth it.

Reddit Armrest Issue