secure a network

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How do I secure a wireless network?

I have two computers running Window XP and have wireless
cards installed. These computers are connected by a
Linksys router and this router does not support WPA. I
feel they need to be secure since I'm on cable modem and
always on the Internet.

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi.
May be this can Help:
Basic Wireless Security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I secure a wireless network?
>
> I have two computers running Window XP and have wireless
> cards installed. These computers are connected by a
> Linksys router and this router does not support WPA. I
> feel they need to be secure since I'm on cable modem and
> always on the Internet.

Mike

Splendid

try these:

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6603_7-5137425.html
mike

"Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I secure a wireless network?
>
> I have two computers running Window XP and have wireless
> cards installed. These computers are connected by a
> Linksys router and this router does not support WPA. I
> feel they need to be secure since I'm on cable modem and
> always on the Internet.

---