Question Secure boot disabling

sekb

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
Hello. Girlfriends Lenovo B50-10 laptop decided to brake a little bit. I think that it was doing windows updates and something went wrong, now it shows that hal.dll is missing. I made a bootable usb with windows on it to try and fix a problem, but now I can't use it because, I think, secure boot is enabled. Opened up BIOS, but there is no way to disable it. Any ideas? Thank You.

And is there an option in the BIOS for boot override to THAT device? That is generally a ONE TIME option to boot directly from that device, sidelining any other boot settings that might be configured.

Also, if that device IS present, have you tried moving it to the primary boot device in the boot order? Tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery? You'll have to find a tutorial on how to disconnect and clear CMOS using the CMOS battery for your laptop model, as it could be simple or complex depending on the design.

sekb

Prominent
Oct 18, 2017
And is there an option in the BIOS for boot override to THAT device? That is generally a ONE TIME option to boot directly from that device, sidelining any other boot settings that might be configured.

Also, if that device IS present, have you tried moving it to the primary boot device in the boot order? Tried resetting the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery? You'll have to find a tutorial on how to disconnect and clear CMOS using the CMOS battery for your laptop model, as it could be simple or complex depending on the design.
That USB always shows up as a first boot device. I didn't try to clear CMOS. But I remember that I already reinstalled windows, on that laptop, few years ago and everything went fine.