Question Secure SATA M.2 to mSATA mounts?

Anomaly_76

Great
Jan 14, 2024
I am aware that mSATA drives are obsolete, expensive when you can find them, and not nearly as useful.

However, this is an unusual situation. I recently ditched Win10 for TuxedoOS, and am not going back. But Corsair does not support Linux, and OpenRGB does not detect my controller, so a cheap sister machine is needed to retain iCue lighting control.

My 850W PSU can handle the load, my case is a networking cabinet with space on the back wall, and I've found a cheap suitable board / CPU setup. However, I noticed the board's mSATA mounts might be handy for securing my existing 2280 SATA M.2.

Are there brackets or adapters for this? Something like this 2230/2242/2260/2280 NGFF SATA M.2 adapter, but made to mount to mSATA studs.

If not, do magnetic mounts still exist for SSDs? I've seen some before but can't seem to find them now.

Last edited:
Are there brackets or adapters for this? Something like this 2230/2242/2260/2280 NGFF SATA M.2 adapter, but made to mount to mSATA studs.
There are msata to sata adapters.

001_4_360x.jpg

https://www.riitop.com/products/rii...ard-module-board-50x30mm-msata-ssd-compatible

Anomaly_76

Great
Jan 14, 2024
These adapt an mSATA drive to SATA. I'm looking to secure a standard SATA drive using mSATA mounting points, not the slot.

This is the closest thing I can find, but I'd like to find one like this that doesn't actually have an mSATA slot.

Probably no such bracket or adapter, but I thought I'd ask around if anyone had seen such a thing.

Last edited: