SecureRom (new) and Clony

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Tried to make a backup of my Nascar4 cd rom last night using clone cd (latest edition)and Clony which indicated that securerom (new) was present as copy protection. the burn went fine it seemed after the settings for 8x read and fast error corection were manually entered as per clony recommendation (yamaha 2100ez 1.N firmware) anyway tried to use the disc to run the game and it wont start same with a second attempt on a different machine and burner.
Any ideas for a fix for this ??

Thanx
Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue>

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Well I found the solution had to leave the subchannel data uncorrected in clone cd, turn off dma on the the burner and run the game from the reader only as the securerom(*new*) copy protection wont allow the game to work if it detects that the cd is a cd-r.. my reader of course dosen't relay this data whereas the burner does. Oh yeah and I turned read and write on the copy\burn to 4x just to be safe .. only took 10 min to burn even at that
Lagger

<b><font color=blue>Never try to idiot proof anything..God will always make a better Idiot </b> </font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lagger on 05/07/01 07:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS